Celanese TPE-S Sofprene® Tis a thermoplastic elastomer based on SBS (styrene-butadiene-styrene) that can be processed either by injection molding or extrusion. Sofprene® T TPS is also suitable for 2K molding with PP (standard grades) and PS (special grades).
The Elastic characteristics of a thermoplastic elastomers like Sofprene® T tend to be reported as a key properties (unlike standard plastics). Therefore for the TPE families the most important general properties tend to be :
- Hardness : measured in Shore A or Shore D.
- Compression set : A value describing the elastic properties Sofprene® T TPS . Compression set measures the permanent deformation of the polymer under a specified load and Temperature for a measured time . The lower the percentage value , the better Sofprene® T TPS resists permanent deformation and is thus more elastic.
- Density: Varies greatly grade by grade and thus significantly influences the final part price.
TPS (TPE-S) Sofprene® T offers a wide range of grades:
- Hardness range from 25 Shore A to 40 Shore D
- With low temperature limit down to -50°C
- With max continuous temperature up to 60°C
- High transparency grades
- Density range from 0,90 g/cm3 up to 1,25 g/cm3
Main Sofprene® T TPS properties are:
- High elastic recovery within at low as well as room temperature
- Limited UV resistance
- Excellent colorability
- High thermal and electric insulation values
- Good abrasion resistance
- Specific rheology for each type of processing